design.fashion.style.life

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another video


I found this video when I searching for some recording of McQueen's Spring 2001 show and came across this very intimate and detailed interview with him, just after he showed his Spring/Summer 2010 collection, and after I watched all 3 of them (they run for half an hour so i wont post them all), aside from remembering what a genius he was, I found them actually really helpful for the process of creating my own collection. His process for creating collections and the research and thought that goes into the entire journey is one that any fashion designer can learn from. From the woman he has in mind when designing, to how he pushes his own ideas past where they can go, they are all things I'm going to try and think about when creating my own collection. Hopefully I'll create things as amazing as he did - one can only dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment