design.fashion.style.life

Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh Stella.


This week I was made to think about about who I would consider to be my mentors or who would I choose to by my mentor if I could have ANYONE in the world. Coming up with my list of 6 was an interesting process as it made me think about the people who I look to the most for inspiration and vision when designing. One person who I didn't need to think about for a second was Stella McCartney. Her clean, feminine and sophisticated aesthetic is somewhere I could only hope to be in the future. She made it very clear in her very first collection with Chloe that she wasn't just there because of her last name and since then has gone on to become, i think, one of the best womenswear designs out of London in a long time. Her designs are so clean and minimal and she always knows how to make a women feel totally comfortable in the clothing she designs. One of my favourite collections of hers in recent years has to be the 2009 Spring/Summer. The basic colour palette of nudes, blues and blacks worked perfectly with her sexy sharp designs..

I would give an arm and a leg and probably a lot more to spend just ONE day in her studio watching her work!



Images from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment