design.fashion.style.life

Monday, May 3, 2010

The week has begun..

So its that time of year again, when everyone in Sydney goes a bit gaga over fashion! Rosemount Australian Fashion Week is in its 15th year this year, which is great for Australian fashion! Now don't get me wrong, I love RAFW, but I do think it turns everyone a little crazy... people who don't even follow fashion, somehow during this week become fashion experts and everyone tries to jump on board! I guess I can understand because the bright lights of fashion can tend to draw you in. Anyway, Monday started with a heavy line up of designers including Lisa Ho, Ginger and Smart, Camilla, Bec and Bridge and Aureilo Costarella. As well the designers with individual shows there some great up and coming designers in Ready to Wear group shows as well in the MCA Group Collection and Art Show including Carly Hunter, who I've had my eye on for a while, and Kylie Hawks who is always a favourite because of her UTS roots.
These are some of my favourite looks for day one.
Carly Hunter




Camilla




Ginger and Smart
(not a big fan of the hair)



Lucette
Aurelio Costarella
Images from : Fashionising and The Vine
I'm not including any from Lisa Ho because that has to be a post of its own, the collection was so close to my aesthetic I just cant stop looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment